Union Street is a wonderfully mature central locale & is one of Hamilton’s most exclusive address. The ‘potential building plot’ is situated on circa 1.5 acres & also has part ownership of the Cadzow Burn which meanders through the rear wooded garden.
The town took its name in 14th century from the Hamilton family, to whom it was given by Robert ‘The Bruce’ after the Battle of Bannockburn. Lord Hamilton achieved the status of knighthood & he inherited his father’s estates. Alexander, the 10th Duke of Hamilton displayed his wealth in many ways & none so more than in the form of building himself a chapel and family crypt in his back garden.
The mausoleum was so grand, & it covered such a large area located in the heart of The Palace Grounds. Like many towns in Scotland, Hamilton had its very own tolbooth in the mid 1600’s. It was erected in the reign of Charles the First, it was so grand that some thought it was a church. The Tolbooth acted as the most important building in the burgh as it was the council chamber, courthouse & jail. The Tolbooth was later earmarked in the 1800’s to be installed as a Municipal Building now known as The Hamilton Town House & Library!
In 1791 Hamilton Parish had just over 5000 residents but within 100 years that figure had increased by to more than 35,000 due to the cotton and coal industry booms and the opening of the Caledonian Central Railway Station.
Union Street is a wonderfully mature central locale & is one of Hamilton’s most exclusive address. The ‘potential building plot’ is situated on circa 1.5 acres & also has part ownership of the Cadzow Burn which meanders through the rear wooded garden area. There is ‘No Planning Consents’ but offers a very rare opportunity to enjoy living in a quiet, exclusive residential area. Plots like this are rarely available, early viewing is advised by appointment only.
Hamilton town centre offers a comprehensive range of amenities which include excellent supermarket & retail shopping, transport & recreational facilities. For the commuter there is a 1st class railway & bus link to Glasgow. There is also easy access to the M8/M74 which connects East to Edinburgh, West to Glasgow & all surrounding districts.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields marked *